Wednesday, February 23, 2011

1081 Larkmartin

I'm often asked the origin of "Larkmartin." It's assumed it's my last name or a family name. Nope. I named the store after the street I lived on in Madison, Ga. in 1999.

The cute little picture is of our house that we lived in. I pulled it up on google maps, which has to be the coolest thing ever! 10 years ago, it was painted white and had those huge awnings over the windows. Adam actually built that picket fence. I've always been a sucker for a white picket fence! Anyhow, this house was tiny! It probably was about 600 square feet, but we loved it! Even if it was haunted. Well, I don't have proof that it was haunted, but there was that unsettling feeling that we would get. Like we weren't exactly alone.

So, anyhow, everyday I would drive the thirty miles to University of Georgia. I studied interior design on the North Campus. Adam was working at a golf course at Lake Oconee, Cuscowilla.

1081 Larkmartin held so many promising dreams; it was fun and exciting. A new adventure.

Much like Larkmartin & Co. today. Fun, exciting and everyday is an adventure!





1 comment: