Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day at Larkmartin


I am a sucker for Valentine's Day, there, it's out there. I love there is a day to celebrate each other and go ga-ga and all the mooshy love stuff! I've always considered Valentine's Day a "made up holiday", but one of my customers brought in a Valentine's Day card dated from 1914. It was beautiful, with gold gilted letters, pink fur of some sort and an ancient scrawled note wishing the recipient a happy valentine's day. It had me thinking about the history of Valentine's Day and that it really isn't a holiday that has appeared with in the last few decades. Here are some adorable vintage bottlecap magnets for your valentine. They are made here in Hot Springs and they are $3.00! We have a great selection of valentine gifts, so come in and let someone know you love them!






No comments:

Post a Comment