Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recyclables


Some friends were recently making fun of me for all the different trash cans at my house: one for cans, one for bottles, one for plastic, one for kitchen scraps.




"Oh, and bottle caps go over here," I told them.




That's when the "hoarder" jokes began. But, I'm not the only one who feels recycling is important. In fact, several of the items for sale at Larkmartin are made from recycled materials.




Those bottle caps I was saving, for example, weren't for me, but for my friend, Lucy Bright, who makes really cute bottle cap magnets that she sells in the store for $3 each. Heather Montgomery's postage stamp pendants, which start at $16, are made from vintage poker chips, Scrabble tiles and dominoes. Then there is the upcycle extraordinaire, Lisa Danger James, who turns everyday trash into treasure with journals made from scrap paper; wallets and cardholders from milk and juice cartons; and floppy-disk desk organizers.




So even if recycling isn't your bag, you can do your part by buying some upcycled art at Larkmartin!




Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment